SynCat Postdoctoral Fellowships (3 positions)
SynCat@Beijing, the laboratory for fundamental research of Synfuels China Technology Co. Ltd, located in the middle of the rapidly developing science ecosystem of Beijing-Huairou, announces the availability of postdoc positions in the fields of high-resolution transmission electron microscopy, photo and electrochemistry, catalysis, and surface science. This website gives further information on existing research programs and on available infrastructure.
What we offer:
• postdoctoral fellowship for 1+1 years; possibility for a 3rd year; evaluation after each year;
• net starting salary of 20.000 RMB per month (net amount after taxes);
• free housing in nearby, furnished company apartments (approx.15 min walk from the laboratory; service and utility costs of approx. 5000 RMB per year not included);
• non-Chinese fellows receive an international health insurance package.
• international experience during or after the PhD degree;
• ability to work independently and take full responsibility for own projects, and to create synergy in collaboration with colleagues;
• publication(s) as a first author in the international literature;
• excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
• age under 33 (by the end of 2017).
How to apply:
• candidates submit an application letter (1 page maximum) along with their complete CV, plus a brief research proposal (3 pages maximum) on a topic that fits in the research philosophy of SynCat@Beijing as explained on the website. This proposal explains why the research is important, and what it would add to existing knowledge, if successful.
• submission of applications exclusively by email to email@example.com before September 30, 2017; applicants can expect to receive a first response within one to two weeks after submission.